The Robertson Scholars online application requires students to self-report either their SAT or ACT scores. Students may choose to report both scores. SAT Subject tests are not required though students may choose to report these scores as well.
We do not require official score reports.
- We require 2 letters of recommendation for each applicant
- At least one recommender should be a teacher who has seen you in a classroom setting
- The second recommender may be anyone who can speak to your leadership and character (teacher, coach, counselor, job/volunteer supervisor, research mentor, etc)
- Recommendations from family members, family friends, and peers are not encouraged
- You will be asked to submit the names and email addresses of your recommenders in the online application. Your recommender will then receive an email that contains a request to submit a recommendation and a link to the online recommendation form.
No. Your Robertson application needs to be submitted by the Robertson deadline. Your Duke and/or UNC admissions applications should abide by the respective institution’s application deadlines.
No. Once an application has been submitted you may not edit it in any way.
We will accept up to one update per application. You should only send an update if you have received a significant award, recognition or achievement. We will not accept additional letters of recommendation or updated transcripts. Updates must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program provides eight semesters of full tuition, room and board, and most mandatory fees for Scholars at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill. Scholars also have access to generous funding for up to three summer experiences, funding for conferences throughout the academic year, and for two semesters of study abroad.