The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program no longer accepts standardized test scores of any kind.
- We require 2 letters of recommendation for each applicant - but will NOT ACCEPT more than 2.
- At least one recommender should be a teacher who has seen you in a classroom setting
- The second recommender may be anyone who can speak to your leadership and character (teacher, coach, counselor, job/volunteer supervisor, research mentor, etc.)
- Recommendations from family members, family friends, and peers are not encouraged
- You will be asked to submit the names and email addresses of your recommenders in the online application. Your recommender will then receive an email that contains a request to submit a recommendation and a link to the online recommendation form.
No. Your Robertson application needs to be submitted by the Robertson deadline. Your Duke and/or UNC admissions applications should abide by the respective institution’s application deadlines.
No. Once an application has been submitted you may not edit it in any way. We will not accept supplemental materials or updates.
No, Robertson Scholars Leadership Program funding is only available for undergraduate degree seekers.
No! We actively encourage all students who are interested to apply. The vast majority of our scholars were not nominated. Nominated students do not receive special preference in our selection process.
Our admission review cycle is extremely short. As such we do not have the capacity to consider updates or to add them to an application.
The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program provides eight semesters of full tuition, room and board, and most mandatory fees for Scholars at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill. Scholars also have access to generous funding for up to three summer experiences, funding for conferences throughout the academic year, and for two semesters of study abroad.
No. Transfer students are not eligible to apply for the Robertson Program.