Found 18 Opportunities
I-Team Writing and Research Assistantview the description
$17.40 - $19.58 Hourly
Work. Serve. Thrive. With the City of Durham Advance in your career while making a real difference in the community you serve. Hiring Range: $17.40 - $19.58 hourly Hours: Flexible (approx. 10 hours/week, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00 pm) The Budget and Management Services Department works to solve Durham's biggest challenges. We are innovators, managing City resources like they're our own, guiding the City's future through strategic planning and encouraging a culture of innovation and continuous improvement through special projects, partnerships and trainings. If innovating to solve challenges drives you, too, join our team in Durham! The City of Durham’s Innovation Team manages the continuous improvement and innovation workplans for the City of Durham. Our process includes detailed exploration, ideation, testing, and analysis phases for each project we take on with a commitment to storytelling throughout. We are looking for a Research Assistant who can help summarize our project work and write reports, case studies, blog posts, and proposals for both technical and lay audiences. Duties/Responsibilities
- Assist with the compilation and writing of technical reports for continuous improvement projects centered on contracting, City ordinances, and litter prevention programs.
- Review existing files (reports, presentations, internal documents) from historical innovation and process improvement projects and summarize into public-facing pieces for the I-Team’s website.
- Develop content, including case studies and infographics, for the I-Team’s webpage, targeted at residents and non-specialists.
- Research relevant popular press or industry-related storytelling outlets and create pitches and/or proposals for pieces we wish to publish and promote.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university or college.
- Pursuing a degree in communications, public policy, social science, or other related field OR have experience writing for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with communication design tools such as Canva.
- Minimal familiarity with blogs or website-hosting and publishing platforms such as WordPress.
- Interest in the work of municipal innovation teams including process improvement, applied experiments, and storytelling.
Movie Production Internview the description
Local award-winning independent film writer, director seeks intern to help prepare pitch materials, and social media for potential investors, producers, film financiers for indie film currently in development. Intern will learn how Hollywood attaches value to actors in order to project return on investments, write offer letters to potential actors’ managers, learn how to seek funding for indie films, find distribution and sales agents for international territories and box offices, peruse IMDb and social media for celebrity and surfer contact information, watch surf competitions for great up-and-comers, compile lists, create look books, read budgets, create schedules, and more while learning about the business side of indie filmmaking. Being able to meet deadlines is a must. Should have access to your own phone, laptop and transportation. Film interest, computer and social media skills required, business experience or interest a real plus. Director-writer currently focuses about 95 percent on feature films with a small amount of television, but definitely a strong emphasis on indie feature film development at this time. Location is Hillsborough, NC. Most work can be done remotely, but some travel to Hillsborough is required. Ideal start date first week of January and hit the ground running. Cover letter, resume and references to Killersurfprojects@gmail.com
Rivian (Various Internship Positions)view the description
AJ Hatzis is a UNC '16 Alum, and is happy to share that his company Rivian has just opened their internship window. He is excite to refer any Robbie that applies and is able to talk with any interested Scholar who may want to explore electric vehicles, electric vehicle charging, or green energy broadly. AJ can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org About Riviaan: "Since our earliest days, Rivian has been a magnet for optimistic thinkers and doers who will stop at nothing to leave this planet better than we found it. It takes more than great ideas to make a difference. Bringing them to life — the right way — requires relentless curiosity and a whole lot of heart, not to mention difficult decisions, unexpected turns, redrawn plans and gnawed pencils. Every time we greet the unknown with open arms, what once seemed impossible becomes fun." To learn more about the company's internship program click here. To review open positions and apply click here.
Insight Sourcing Group: Various Positions
Type: Paid Positions
Application Due: Variousview the description
Two Positions: Data Analyst & Research Assitant
Type: Paid Positions
Location: Variousview the description
All interested Robertson Scholars are encourage to connect with Noah Mancuso (UNC ’19) to learn more about the roles below and RTI International. The positions are best suited for recent graduates, soon to be graduates, and those who are interested in pre-med. Data Analyst The Division of Infectious Diseases in UNC's School of Medicine is seeking a data analyst to coordinate research activities related to clinical and epidemiological factors affecting persons living with HIV. The data analyst will work under direction of the project's principal investigator. The ideal candidate will have experience independently managing projects, coordinating research activities, and using SAS. This position offers an excellent opportunity to gain research experience and work on publications in collaboration with clinicians and epidemiologists. Research Assistant The Institute of Global Health and Infectious Disease is seeking a Research Assistant for the Center for AIDS Research of the UNC-CH School of Medicine. This position will provide support for HIV research by having the primary responsibility of data collection and management, medical chart abstraction, data entry into a computerized data entry instrument, and administering surveys to patients. Interested individuals are welcome to email Deana Agil at email@example.com
Technology Marketing Associate
Type: Paid Position - Full Timeview the description
Duke's Office for Translation & Commercialization is looking for another Technology Marketing Associate! Join Robertson Alumnus Fedor Kossakovski (UNC '16) in this exciting work. Do you like talking about science? Are you interested in helping get technologies out of the lab and into the real world? If so, come work with me! You'll get to help create marketing materials, find companies that might be interested in our tech, and build business relationships that could lead to the next big breakthrough therapy or device or... who knows! The best part of this job is learning so much about the very edge of science and then nudging it along a commercialization path. Note: a science background is super helpful. Science + something like #scicomm even better. To access the job description and begin the application click here. If you have questions about the role email Fedor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft AI Development Acceleration Program
Type: Paid Positionsview the description
Robertson Alumna Joyce Cahoon (Duke '13) shares that the Microsoft AI Development Acceleration Program is currently hiring for their next cohort, which will start in Summer of 2022. Current undergraduate scholars, (as well as alumni who may be Masters or PhD candidates) who will be graduating in Spring 0f 2022 are invited to apply. Joyce has also generously offered to connect with any interested member of our community about the opportunities at Microsoft and make referrals. The current positions that are posted may be found by clicking the hyperlinks below:
Public Impact: Education Management Consulting
Type: Paid Positions & Internships Available
Application Due: October 11, 2021
Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolinaview the description
Public Impact is currently hiring for consultants to join their team during Summer 2022! You can find the job postings, including the job descriptions and application instructions on our Employment Opportunities page here: https://publicimpact.com/about-public-impact/employment-opportunities/ To share a bit more background info, Public Impact’s mission is to ”improve education dramatically for all students, especially low-income students, students of color, and other students whose needs historically have not been well met.” In general, people who are successful at Public Impact are extremely connected to the mission of partnering with districts and schools to create bold solutions for students. They are self-starters and take initiative, but also collaborative team members. PI is also currently hiring for consultants who will support Opportunity Culture (OC) initiative, so would encourage interest candidates to check out the OC website to learn more about that work. At this time, the deadline to apply is October 11th. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they can produce a quality application, as we are reviewing them on a rolling basis. There are also two "Working at PI” webinars for interested candidates on Friday, Sept. 24 and Friday, Oct. 1. The link to sign up for the webinars is here: https://bit.ly/WorkingatPIwebinar. For additional questions or information about PI please contact: Noaam Zahavi (she/her/hers) at Noaam.Zahavi@publicimpact.com
Kenny Flowers (Various)
Type: Paid Positions
Application Due: Rollingview the description
Kenny Flowers is an apparel company founded by Kenny Haisfield (UNC '12). They specialize in Hawaiian shirts, resort wear, and recently launched a new golf line. The company is committed to corporate social responsibility and uses their platform for educational initiatives and sustainability. Kenny says, "Doing good and giving back to our communities around the world is so core to us as people and what we do as a business, but we've always believed the highest good you can do is the good that doesn't need recognition." The company is currently hiring for the following positions:
- Director of Marketing
- Sales Representative
- Executive "Caddy" Assistant
- E-Commerce Site Manager
- Social Media Coordinator
- Creative Copywriter
- Brand Storyteller
- Graphic Designer
- Customer Success All-Star
- Pitch Yourself (AKA create your own job)
Insight Sourcing Group: Coffee Chats
Type: Paid Positions & Internships Available
Location: Graham Memorial Patioview the description
All Scholars are invited to participate in small group coffee chats with Consultants from ISG on Thursday September 2, 2021 from 12pm-2pm. ISG will be on campus at UNC on the patio of Graham Memorial and will meet with scholars in 30 minute increments. Each small group can accommodate up to 3 Scholars. Please RSVP using this link and a confirmation will be emailed to you. About ISG Tom Beaty (UNC Class of 1990) is the founder of Insight Sourcing Group and SpendHQ®. After several years with larger consulting firms, Tom founded Insight Sourcing Group in his basement in 2002. Since then, ISG has grown into one of the most recognized and awarded boutique consulting firms in the United States. ISG is the largest “pure-play” strategic sourcing and procurement consulting firm in North America. It was named the #1 Best Boutique Consulting Firm to Work for in the U.S. by Vault.com in 2015, 2016 and 2018, and has been named to the “Best Place to Work in Atlanta” list for 14 consecutive years. Tom has helped launch several additional business units under the ISG umbrella:
- ISG Enterprise Energy Solutions is focused on helping companies optimize energy costs and to reduce carbon footprints.
- Insight Analytics is a tech-enabled managed service that helps ISG’s clients guarantee savings capture at the conclusion of traditional consulting engagements.
- SpendHQ is a SaaS-based big data company focused on bringing visibility and insights to a company’s expenditure data. In 2018, SpendHQ won two separate CODiE awards for the Best Data Visualization Technology & the Best Big Data reporting & Analytics
- Consulting Analyst (Full-Time)
- Responsible for helping support all aspects of ISG’s client-facing projects, with direction from ISG’s experienced consulting managers. Analysts are expected to work closely with clients and suppliers to help facilitate project initiatives and will be involved in problem solving, project management and complex data analysis that will be the basis for client decision making.
- Insight Analytics Consulting Analyst (Full-Time)
- Responsible for working on behalf of Insight Analytics’ clients to perform complex data analytics and develop insights from data. This role leads critical activities including data collection, data transformation and enrichment, data analysis, data visualization and dashboarding, insight identification, complex problem solving, and other key activities to deliver impactful client projects.
- Energy Consulting Analyst (Full-Time)
- Responsible for working on behalf ISG’s Energy consulting practice to execute client-facing projects that involve energy procurement & risk management, regulated rate analysis & optimization, account management, and energy efficiency & renewables.
- Consulting Summer Analyst (10 week internship)
- Responsible for helping support all aspects of ISG’s client-facing projects, with direction from ISG’s experienced consulting managers. Summer Analysts are expected to work closely with clients and suppliers to help facilitate project initiatives and will be involved in problem solving, project management and complex data analysis that will be the basis for client decision making.