Domestic students apply using the High School Application. This application is for students currently attending high school or students taking a gap year who are applying to UNC-Chapel Hill or Duke University for the first time and have not previously matriculated to any other university or college.
Application and Interview Timeline
APPLICATION OPENS: August 15, 2022
APPLICATION DUE: November 15, 2022
SEMI-FINALIST INTERVIEWS: February 16-26, 2023
FINALIST INTERVIEWS: March 5-7, 2023
CONNECTION WEEKEND: March 31-April 2, 2023
We invite you to attend one of our informational webinars to learn more about the program from our alumni and current scholars and to glean insights about the application process from our Director of Selection. If you'd like to sign up for our of our Fall information sessions, please click the button below. Due to space limitations, we ask that you only sign up for one information session.
- Students must apply for undergraduate admission to Duke and/or UNC-Chapel Hill the same year they apply to the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program.
- Students must apply to the school(s) of their choice by the respective Early or Regular deadlines.
- Admission to Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill are separate processes. All forms and correspondence dealing with admission to these institutions should go directly to their respective Offices of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Students who are currently studying in New Zealand, Australia, or at the African Leadership Academy should review the International Selection page for eligibility guidelines.
- All international students from regions other than New Zealand, Australia, or the African Leadership Academy are eligible to apply for the Robertson Program and should complete the traditional High School application.
- Transfer students are not eligible to apply.