- This event has passed.
Join ISG virtually at 4pm on Tuesday, September 6, for an executive talk led by Tom Beaty, CEO and founder of the Atlanta-based consulting firm, Insight Sourcing Group! The discussion is intended to be collaborative in nature, with a Q&A session for students following Tom’s talk.
Zoom Link: https://insightsourcing.zoom.us/j/93482290825?from=addon
About Tom & ISG
Tom Beaty (UNC Class of 1990) is the founder of Insight Sourcing Group and SpendHQ®. After several years with larger management consulting firms, Tom founded Insight Sourcing Group in his basement in 2002. Since then, ISG has grown into one of the most recognized and awarded boutique consulting firms in the United States.
ISG is the largest “pure-play” strategic sourcing and procurement consulting firm in North America. It was named the #1 Best Boutique Consulting Firm to Work for in the U.S. by Vault.com in 2015, 2016 and 2018, and has been named to the “Best Place to Work in Atlanta” list for 14 consecutive years.
Tom has helped to launch several additional business units under the ISG umbrella:
- ISG Enterprise Energy Solutions is focused on helping companies optimize energy costs and to reduce carbon footprints.
- Insight Analytics is a tech-enabled managed service that helps ISG’s clients guarantee savings capture at the conclusion of traditional consulting engagements.
- SpendHQ is a SaaS-based big data company focused on bringing visibility and insights to a company’s expenditure data. In 2018, SpendHQ won two separate CODiE awards for the Best Data Visualization Technology & the Best Big Data reporting & Analytics
- SpendHQ & ISG recently acquired France-based Per Angusta, the world’s first procurement performance management platform, to create a combined SaaS solution that will revolutionize the procurement technology landscape
Tom is also the founder of the Witness to War Foundation (www.witnesstowar.org). Witness to War (WTW) is an oral history preservation organization focused on capturing the stories of combat veterans. WTW has interviewed nearly 2,000 veterans from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, along with other conflicts. According to the Library of Congress, WTW is the largest organization of its type in the United States and it has been featured on CNN, Fox News, and CBS with Katie Couric.
Tom received a Bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and later received an M.B.A. from the Goizueta Business School at Emory where he was awarded the Woodruff Fellowship. Tom lives in Atlanta and has three kids.
Opportunities at ISG
ISG will be hiring for the following roles this Fall at UNC:
- Consulting Analyst (Full-Time)
- Responsible for helping support all aspects of ISG’s client-facing projects, with direction from ISG’s experienced consulting managers. Analysts are expected to work closely with clients and suppliers to help facilitate project initiatives and will be involved in problem solving, project management and complex data analysis that will be the basis for client decision making.
- Insight Analytics Consulting Analyst (Full-Time)
- Responsible for working on behalf of Insight Analytics’ clients to perform complex data analytics and develop insights from data. This role leads critical activities including data collection, data transformation and enrichment, data analysis, data visualization and dashboarding, insight identification, complex problem solving, and other key activities to deliver impactful client projects.
- Consulting Summer Analyst (10-week internship)
- Responsible for helping support all aspects of ISG’s client-facing projects, with direction from ISG’s experienced consulting managers. Summer Analysts are expected to work closely with clients and suppliers to help facilitate project initiatives and will be involved in problem solving, project management and complex data analysis that will be the basis for client decision making.