Thank you for writing a letter of recommendation for the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program. We appreciate your time and energy on behalf of this student and look forward to reading your letter.
We suggest composing your letter in a word processing document such as MS Word or Notepad, saving the document, and then copying/pasting your response into the online submission form. Please review the Recommender FAQs below prior to beginning your recommendation. For any additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
What questions will I be asked to address as a recommender?
Below are questions that may be helpful as you write your recommendation (these prompts are also on the recommender’s online submission form). We are also happy to accept more general letters of recommendation.
- What sets this student apart from his/her peers?
- How would you describe the student’s leadership style?
- How is this student motivated by her/his curiosity, intellectual curiosity, and desire for improvement?
- How has this student demonstrated resiliency and resourcefulness in the face of transition or uncertainty?
- How does this student demonstrate integrity and moral courage?
How do I access the online recommender form?
When students enter your name and contact information in their Robertson online application, you will receive an e-mail granting access to your personal online recommendation form.
I did not receive my student’s recommendation request even after they sent the online request. What should I do?
We suggest first checking your Spam and Trash folders to ensure that the email was not accidentally classified as spam. If the recommender email message is not in any of these folders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When is my letter due?
- ALA candidate deadline: October 15, 2017
- UK candidate deadline: November 15, 2017
- High School candidate deadline: November 15, 2017
- First-Year candidate deadline: January 20, 2018
In order for the student’s application to be considered, you must submit your recommendation by the deadlines stated above. No exceptions can be made.
Can I write a student’s recommendation for both the Common Application and Robertson Application?
Yes. Students may ask the same individuals to write both the Common Application and Robertson Application letters of recommendation. Robertson recommendations are submitted directly to the Robertson Program while Common Application recommendations are submitted to the universities. Recommenders may include the same language in both responses.